The UK Domain Brand Toolkit
Welcome to the UK Domain Family branding toolkit. Here you will find guidelines for using the UK Domain brand, access to our core .UK Family logo suite and a link to our infographic; ‘5 great reasons why your customers should register a .UK domain’.
Today we manage over 10 million .UK domains. The UK Domain Family, including .co.uk, .uk, .org.uk and .me.uk is managed and operated by Nominet.
UK Domain Brand Guidelines
Download logo assets via the links below.
Handy Stats and Facts
Great reasons to register a .UK domain infographic
Check out our infographic ‘5 great reasons why your customers should register a .UK domain’ here. To support you in sharing this asset with your customers, you can find a range of social assets here.
Research statistics and facts
In addition to our infographic, below are a range of credible third-party statistics and their sources. Please feel free to use any of these stats in your communications, but please ensure you properly reference their source.
Internet and website statistics (updated July 2020)
- 96% of households in the UK have internet access.1
- 87% of adults bought goods or services online in 2020, up from 82% in 2019.1
- 80% of adults who made an online purchase in 2020, did so from online sellers in the UK.1
- UK consumers spent £106bn online in 2019, which is around 22% of all retail spend.2
- 94% of UK online users use the internet to access e-commerce sites.3
- Only 45% of micro-businesses have a website compared to 84% of businesses with 10+ employees.4
- 1 Internet Access – Households and Individuals, GB, ONS 2020
- 2 eMarketer, 2019
- 3 Online Nation Report, Ofcom 2019
- 4E-commerce and ICT activity, UK, ONS 2019
Our ‘MAKE IT .UK’ Brand Campaign
In July 2020 we launched our new brand campaign ‘MAKE IT .UK’. The objective of the campaign is to communicate that a domain is at the heart of a registrant’s online presence and more than just a website address. Through edgy creative, the campaign busts barriers such as ‘I run my business on social so I don’t need a website’ or ‘my freemail email address is good enough so I don’t need a personalised domain name’.
Here is a link to our MAKE IT .UK Toolkit where you can download campaign icons and specific assets for digital and social activities. To keep the campaign creative fresh and engaging, we’ll continue to add additional assets to the toolkit.